The Vertrel® specialty fluids are a family of hydrofluorocarbon-based solvents with zero ozone depletion and low global warming potential, ideal for use in vapor degreasing equipment for cleaning, rinsing, drying, and carrier-fluid applications. Wherever excellent performance, demanding specifications, and a high degree of environmental acceptability are required, Chemours™ Vertrel® specialty fluids are the ideal replacements for ozone-depleting solvents such as CFC-113, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, HCFC-141b, HCFC-123, and HCFC-225, as well as high global warming solvents such as perfluorocarbons (PFCs).
The Vertrel® specialty fluids are high-purity solvents that deliver superior performance. Unique physical properties include high boiling points and low heats of vaporization for low energy consumption and excellent solvent retention, and low surface tension and low viscosity for effective wetting and soil removal. These properties, combined with nonflammability, chemical and thermal stability, low toxicity, and ease of recovery by distillation, make Vertrel® solvents ideal for a broad range of applications.
Chemours™ Vertrel® specialty fluids offer the following:
- fast drying; non-flammable; chemical and thermally stable; safe to use
- superior solvency; designed to clean a wide range of soils; excellent carrier fluid for fluorolubricants, silicone lubricants and adhesives
- compatible with a broad range of materials, metals, plastics, and elastomers
- ideal replacement for ozone-depleting solvents such as CFCs and HCFCs as well as high global warming solvents such as perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and perfluoropolyethers (PFPEs)
- significantly safer choice vs. toxic solvents like TCE, MeCl and nPB
Where to Buy
If you are interested in purchasing or finding out more about Chemours™ Vertrel® specialty fluids please contact us at:
Diversified CPC International
24338 W. Durkee Road
Channahon, IL 60410