Refrigerants for Industrial Applications
High purity for high performance that doesn’t stop
When uptime and productivity are everything, you can’t afford to overlook anything
– including the refrigerant that powers your operations.
How pure is your refrigerant?
A refrigerant’s purity directly impacts plant operations. Most refrigerants include contaminants that can slow down or even shut down a plant. However, high-purity refrigerants optimize plant and business performance.
- Improve production rates and uptime
- Reduce power consumption
- Reduce environmental footprints
Our hydrocarbons are the world’s purest and include:
- R290 (Propane)
- R600a (Isobutane)
- R600 (n-Butane)
- R601a (Isopentane)
- R1270 (Propylene)
Why Does Purity Matter?
Contaminants Negatively Impact Safety, Productivity, Efficiency
Refrigerant contaminants can lead to gas leaks, equipment failure, and wasteful power consumption.
- Causes piping corrosion and possible lube oil breakdown in compressors.
- Freezes and expands, causing pipes to rupture.
- Generates ice shards that pass through the system, damaging pumps and seals.
- Causes metal to be brittle by forming aluminum amalgam, leading to stress fractures.
- Increases horsepower by placing unnecessary demand on the compressor drive and discharge coolers.
- Limits natural gas flow rate to offset the additional load.
- Causes a high-pressure trip at the HHP stage.
|Butanes and Heavier
- Requires higher refrigerant circulation to meet the targeted cooling temperature.
- Causes corrosion and freeze-ups in the presence of moisture.
- Causes freeze-ups in the Mixed Refrigerants (MR) loop
Purity & the Environment
Hydrocarbons are among the most sustainable refrigerants, they are:
- Zero ODP
- Low GWP
Purity from Production to Delivery
Our high-purity refrigerants are produced at and distributed from Diversified CPC plants throughout the United States. They are transported via dedicated fleets that are designed and operated to maintain product purity levels. We offer:
- A Certificate of Analysis with every product shipment
- Exceptional on-time delivery through a dedicated fleet
- Bulk and cylinder options
Other High-Purity Hydrocarbon Refrigerants